Often we hear a question:
When compared with other similar Managed Servers for hosting, your prices seem quite low. Managed VPS of similar specifications is priced much, much higher. What’s the catch?
Good question. Yes, in order to set our prices as low as possible, we set some limitations:
- We specialize only in WordPress & ClassicPress hosting. All our environment is tailored to host only WordPess/ClassicPress sites and you can’t host anything else.
- We rely on a scale. We have a very limited amount of products, without different settings, but we spend a great amount of time and knowledge to make them very solid and ready to scale. If you use any of our services or features, you can be sure it is used by many other users, so it is well tested and trusted.
- We do not waste money on a huge affiliate commissions. We think the best way is to keep prices as low as we can and rely on satisfied users instead of bribed reviewers.
- We try to automate almost everything. Our founders are senior specialists and they have experience regarding how to manage huge server systems without compromising quality. It took us 3 years to properly set up our system, but now you can enjoy unprecedented automation, based on the best Docker technology.
- Even our support center has Artifical Intelligence style features – at first, you will have a lightning fast answer from our server’s brains and only inability to do this will direct you to our technical staff. Yes, technical, not the support staff, because we want responses with real solutions, not canned responses from underpowered and underpaid support staff, based in a cheap country. Our approach to the automation enables us to do this. We can’t promise 24/7 responses, but when you get them, they will be from our senior technical staff.
- We invested in the most robust technology, so we don’t need a huge staff to maintain it. When you have founders like ours, life seems a little bit easier.
- We are not flexible in adjusting hosting plans to personal needs (except if your need is more resources than our biggest plan – we can, jus drop a message to us). It’s the consequence of our automatization and we think it is better for you to have more resources for the same price than less but with better utilization.
- We do not support legacy architecture – old and unsupported PHP or MariaDB. If your old host uses not the latest releases of of the above programs, please test your website carefully in a staging environment before migrating to the production state.
- We do not have non-productive overhead, like fancy offices or free beer. We don’t have demanding investors, trying to squeeze every penny from customers.
- We don’t have a marketing department. We believe that it is better to invest in servers and technology than fancy and costly marketing staff. We hope you will help us to spread the word about our approach, so please write a review, post a link on Facebook or tweet your experience. Thank you in advance!
In general – we are a very lean and very focused company with huge experience in automation of mission-critical infrastructure. We rely on a scale of a unified environment which we believe suits 90% of WordPress/ClassicPress users’ needs. We invest in security and technical excellence rather than affiliate commission, marketing or overhead.
By the way, we are not the cheapest VPS hosting provider on the earth and we have no intention to be. Our hardware excels, our technology stack is the best in the industry, our own proprietary solutions makes PressHill extremely robust and fast. But because we don’t waste money to unnecessary expenses, such as huge affiliate commisions, fancy offices, demanding investors or so-called “customer support”, we can keep our prices very moderate and still have a profit, despite our high-end technology stack.
In short, if you want to host applications other than WordPress or ClassicPress, if you like hours of chatter with low-level support staff, you had better look elsewhere.
But if you want hassle-free, very secure, and very fast WordPress/ClassicPress hosting – congratulations, you found it. Welcome on-board. We share your preferences too.